Market makers are responsible for continuity and liquidity in the market. It is usually an individual for a firm that quotes both a buy and a sell price for stocks that they currently have in their inventory. They hope to make a profit on the spread, (the difference between the bid and offer). Market makers […]
I always try to tell people what they need to do in order to have a legitimate shot at become a successful trader, but it dawned on me that I rarely point out the equally important factors that cause as many as 90% of all new traders to fail. By fail we mean lose money […]
So let’s assume you’ve been following a stock and you feel good that all the signals you depend on to identify a potential buy are in place but you still would like a bit more confirmation before pulling the trigger. You need to know that this stock is primed and ready to go. It’s a […]
The need for speed is a phrase that comes up frequently among those swing and day traders who use the news wires to identify potential trades. The news wires are constantly putting forth new stories containing information that can affect the value of a stock. How the trader interprets this information will determine the position […]
Many of you who have read this blog, or have sat through some of my seminars way back when day traders were called SOES bandits, (named after the old Small Order Execution System) have heard me say ‘Trading is not Investing’ hundreds of times. It’s still true today. The mindset of a trader is considerably […]
- Fear and the Art of Day Trading May 7, 2013
- Ready for Analytics? November 5, 2008
- What is a stock and why should I buy it? December 29, 2011
- Day trading Thick versus Thin Stocks December 19, 2008
- Why Trade? November 14, 2008
- Understanding the Role of the Market Maker March 16, 2015
- 5 Reasons People Fail as a Day Trader August 15, 2013
- How High Volume can Confirm a Potential Break Out August 4, 2013
- Trading Stocks and Playing the News July 30, 2013
- Trading is not Investing July 24, 2013
- Alex: Maybe you also want him to trade in your place? Mu...
- Saidi Wandila: This explanation of bonds gives me a better unders...
- JJ Agudelo PhD: Excellent article Noah, let me add a little to you...
- Proprietary Trading: The #1 reasons traders generally fail is poor risk...
- Noah Hochman: If you can't make money paper trading you are cer...